<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's Bête Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Friday, March 21, 2008


2 or 3 times a week I have massive driving to do for work and commuting. The radio radio is my frequent companion, especially since the CD player died.

Heard Sheryl Crow’s new single, “Love Is Free” Thursday. Good beat, catchy cheery tune, nicely lively Beatle-esque electronic vocal timbres at a couple points, and sweet catchy clever chorus close, “Oh oh everybody’s making love ‘cause love is free.” I just read the lyrics and they’re not quite intelligible to me -- something about not worrying about your money and keeping your chin up in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, which, well, it’s obnoxious when rich people tell us not to worry about money; and isn’t it funny I’d been thinking that at her best Crow is the Beatles’ truest heir, and, whaddaya know, the head Beatle also urged us not to worry about money, once many years ago. Still -- catchy tune, and a great singer.

George Strait’s “I Saw God Today” sweetly celebrates a baby’s birth. Made me think: God is Process, God is Time.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?