<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's Bête Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thursday, September 06, 2007


Band practice the last 3 nights -- and I love the listening process by which ensemble comes together -- and my bandmates are a joy -- but I'm tired!

If you're near Seattle Friday night, here's the deal:


Friday, Sept. 7, 7:00 to 10:00 PM -- 3 sets!
Lottie's Lounge, corner of Edmunds & Rainier, Columbia City, SE Seattle
4900 Rainier Avenue South
Tel. 206.725.0519


I confirmed with the owner:
KIDS WELCOME until 9:00 or 9:30, at which point the restaurant turns into a bar.


My band's web site.

The whole BeatWalk schedule. (They call us "Creative and unique"!)


* * *

We'll be doing about 30 songs -- 25 or so originals plus 4 or 5 covers:
Monkees
U2
a Disney song
an Irving Berlin / Pete Seeger medley
maybe "Besame Mucho"

Looking at the list, it may seem quite kitsch, but, "Besame Mucho" excepted, all the covers have a particular "angle" (I note defensively).


* * *

Last week at practice, Robert put his big string bass in his lap and started playing it like a guitar. My son laughed and laughed and laughed. A little while later we played our song that ends with convulsions of laughter. The kid laughed along with us, and after it was over he said, "I thought of something really silly, so I could laugh more. I thought of Robert playing his bass like a guitar." Is Stanislavski's approach to acting instinctual?


* * *


My erudite friend Tim Harris gently corrected mistakes in my recent post on Len Chandler and Joan Baez singing at the March 1963 March on Washington.



Comments:
Bésame mucho is sublime.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?