<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's BĂȘte Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thursday, July 12, 2007


It is sickening as well as inconceivably bizarre that Nancy Pelosi ever said that "impeachment is off the table." The power of impeachment is the power of the rule of law. It would be as if a cop were to say, "Arresting you is off the table." An effective blank check to a man who boasts of his lawlessness.


* * *



I stopped reading the Harry Potter series after the 3rd book. Not because I didn't enjoy them, but I lost interest.

Disinterest notwithstanding, I do enjoy media hype (as long as it is not in favor of some catastrophic lie, like WMD-in-Iraq), and I have a prediction for the end of the series.


Harry will suffer a death and come back to life having lost his wizardly powers and in the process destroy Voldemort once and for all. An inverted image Christ's Crucifixion and Resurrection: after rising from the dead, Christ was ready to ascend bodily into heaven. After rising from the dead, Harry will be a regular boy.


* * *


Speaking of media hype, has anybody tried Prince's new perfume, 3121? I laughed when I saw the display at the mall announcing its immanent arrival last week. "Purple will reign again," said the ticket-looking flyer. Let's go crazy!




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?