<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's BĂȘte Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Tuesday, August 29, 2006


My beloved spouse writes:


August 28, 2006


Nat and I were in the bathroom at the park. I said something to him, and he said, "Huh?" I informed him that that was a rude response. He parried with defensive questioning about why it was rude. "It just is," I said, "and you shouldn't say it." "Dzunukwa says it isn't rude. You should have a discussion with her." "Sure, Nat. You tell her to give me a call and we'll talk about it." Nat is the medium for communication with Dzunukwa. She talks only through him, generally as justification for behavior which he knows perfectly well is bad. We left the park and he fell asleep in the car right away, worn out after a long morning of swimming and playing.

Two and a half hours later he wakes up in his bed, and goes downstairs to where I was napping on the couch. He goes back upstairs and returns, talking into his toy cell phone. He brings it to me and says with complete aplomb, "Here, Dzunukwa wants to talk with you. You can have a discussion. About . . . about what is rude to say." This is the first time I have been allowed to speak with the Wild Woman of the Woods. I play along with it. "Hi, Dzunukwa. How are you? I'm fine, thanks. You let your kids do what? I don't think that's funny at all. I don't care, Nat is not allowed to say that. I tell him what is rude. Okay, nice to talk with you. Bye." I hand the phone back to Nat, and he points out that I hadn't pressed the red button to hang up. He took care of it for me. And then it was time for juice and cookies.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?