<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's BĂȘte Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Saturday we went to see the Maya Lin show at the Henry Art Gallery. Photos don't do justice to her work. The scale of this piece is huge, taking up a large room, with a narrow path along the edge to walk around the sculpture, which is taller than a tall man and made of hundreds -- thousands? -- of 2X4's cut to height and stacked in the hilly pattern. The installations surprised and delighted me by creating beautiful rooms that forced me to consider my body in relation to the sculpture and changed my perception of my body in space. Mr. Jumping Chocolate Pudding fell asleep on the drive home. We put him to bed and he immediately paid homage to Lin's work.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?