<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's Bête Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Morality without imagination is unimaginable. One imagines how one’s actions would affect somebody else.

Robin Morgan said it: P.C. means plain courtesy. Try not to be unnecessarily rude.

A couple posts in the last couple weeks repeated jokes that had fun with afflictions. Today it occurred to me that if somebody with those afflictions read the posts, they might well find them callous, thoughtless, and rude. The jokes were about Tourette’s and dyslexia.

I went to edit the posts, but the blogging program would not let me edit anything. It would only let me write new posts and delete old ones. So I deleted them. I’ve since re-posted edited versions, now out of chronological order.

My apologies to anybody offended by my thoughtless, unimaginative rudeness. Still learning.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?