<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's BĂȘte Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Friday, January 27, 2006

Mozart's 250th birthday today. The BBC Classical Music magazine features the Big Mo this month. Touting the breadth and depth and range of human experience comprehended in his music. I can dig it.

I woke up this morning at 1:45 AM and listened to the beginning of a 1948 recording of his D minor piano concerto (number 20) played by Artur Schnabel with the Philharmonia Orchestra as I put on my boots and raincoat. And then went out and joined a couple hundred volunteers of the county's Coalition for the Homeless in the annual street count of people sleeping outside. My group saw a few people sleeping in cars but nobody outside in our area, though there are 100s in Seattle sleeping outside tonight.

Back to bed for me now, for an hour or 2, the strains of Mozart's passionate music and the sorrows of people cast off by society sing my lullaby. Try to stay warm. Be safe.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?