<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's BĂȘte Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Friday, October 21, 2005

Nope, no connotation here


My dad is starting to lose his hair from the chemo. I asked whether he was going to get a bright red wig. He said, "No, I think I'll go with blue and yellow."

Even though I'm a Michigan man and went there like parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents before me, I actually graduated from sports-less, mascot-less, grade-less Antioch. I wrote a "Mediation-in-Lieu-of-a-Fight Song" for my alma mater:

Mediate conscientiously, Antioch
Try to see the other's point of view
Cogitate unpretentiously, Antioch
To all the rainbow's colors we are true
(It hasn't been officially adopted or anything.)

I have no particular feelings for Bear Bryant, but my favorite college mascot is Alabama's: doesn't Crimson Tide refer to menstruation?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?