<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's BĂȘte Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Mr. Jumping Chocolate Pudding, on a road trip a few months ago.


on the road again


I put my beloved spouse and our son on an airplane this morning, as they flew off to Michigan to see my folks for a week. Because of her job my spouse won't have a chance to go again until the Spring, barring catastrophe, and she really wanted to go. Of course the grand-offspring are the main attraction for my folks, but I was really touched that she wanted to go, even though I miss them like crazy already.

Dad went to work the other day, which is a good sign. He works occasionally for his sister-in-law and nephew, who inherited the family business from my late uncle (Dad's brother), who inherited it from my grandpa, who inherited it from his father. A funeral home. Dad grew up in the business and in his semi-retirement he's gone back to work there with his semi-retired older brother, both of them working for their sister-in-law. Their job is to "remove the body" -- bring the corpse from the place of death to the funeral home.

When we were young my cousins lived upstairs from the funeral home. I remember seeing dead bodies as a little kid. I wasn't freaked out. One of my cousins who lived there never ever looked. And that's fine too.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?