<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's Bête Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Funniest thing I read today: “Because I'm my own man and never follow the crowd, I've started a blog.”

From an email from Jody Rosen, announcing his blog, The Anachronist. (Jody posted the MP3 of Irving Berlin singing “God Bless America,” linked to a couple posts below.) Welcome to Blogville, Mr. Rosen! Anachrony in the USA!

Speaking of Anachrony, it occurred to me today that in 2 or 3 years, as much time will have elapsed since Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five’s break-out hip hop hit “The Message” (1982) as between “The Message” and Elvis Presley’s break-out rock and roll hit “Heartbreak Hotel” (1956). This bemuses me.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?