<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's Bête Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I TAKE IT ALL BACK

I’ve often been hard on Rolling Stone Magazine, calling them all sorts of unkind names, like “rockist.” They have defied my stereotyping. They called Barry Manilow:

"a giant among entertainers ... the showman of our generation."


Rock on!



WILL I BREAK IT?

My beloved spouse tells a story; it happened last Thursday:

“I was putting pants on Nat with him lying on my bed, ‘like a baby,’ I told him. I leaned over and told him that even though he is a big boy now, and even when he will be a big man, he will still be my baby in my heart. ‘I will keep you as my baby in my heart,’ and I touched my chest. He was smiling through this conversation. He said, ‘Will I break it?’ I thought, yes, you surely will break my heart one day, but how could you know this? I said, ‘What?’ He said, ‘Will I break it? Will I break your belly when I go back inside?’”



I MEAN IT, MAN

Sure, last night’s post about House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi becoming Speaker of the House after the 2006 elections and then President after the convictions of Bush and Cheney for high crimes and misdemeanors against the United States (not to mention, humanity in general) was a fantasy -- but why the heck not? If anybody ever deserved impeachment in this country, it’s George W. Bush and Dick “Dick” Cheney for lying about national security in order to begin a needless, illegal, immoral, wicked, ruinous, pointless, murderous, disastrous, unwinnable, unjustifiable war.

And after them, whoever’s left standing of the Supreme Court 5 for violating their oaths of office and destroying their integrity and appointing the disaster in the first place.

And since these criminals deserve conviction -- why not say it? Meme it, beam it, doubleteam it, write and theme it, plan and scheme it.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?