<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's BĂȘte Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

3 INVENTIONS THAT I WOULD LIKE

1. A book scanner that would photocopy a book without breaking its spine. So I could "burn" copies of particular poems or passages or essays in books that I hold onto for those particular parts.

2. (This one might exist already.) A distortion pedal for electric bass that would reproduce the sound of rattling car doors and dashboards, to give a recording the patina of the urban pedestrian listening experience, without breaking eardrums.

3. (This might exist too.) A compressor for TV to keep the volume consistent. With the 2-year-old asleep upstairs, I am constantly adjusting the TV volume so that I can both hear it and it won't disturb the sleeper.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?