<$BlogRSDURL$>

Utopian Turtletop. Monsieur Croche's Bête Noire. Contact: turtletop [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thursday, October 14, 2004

MUSIC IS MUSIC

Classical partisans may be interested to learn that conference committee of the Experience Music Project considers classical and opera to be pop.

I’m into it.

As Alex Ross has quoted Alban Berg as saying to George Gershwin, music is music.

Rock on, pop off, pop up, rock the boat, rock the vote, hop on pop, sock the hop, wear the socks.



OF LOVE AND TURNIPS AND NAIVETE

My beloved spouse and I have a disagreement.

Does the phrase “I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck” refer to the inexperience and naivete of turnip farmers, or to the inexperience and naivete of turnips?



HERE COME THE NEO-FEUDALISTS

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that Real Change, Seattle’s street/homeless newspaper, was about to publish an op-ed I wrote on Republican tax policy. I was wrong -- they bumped it for a couple weeks and published it today.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?